[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Microcontrollers, robots etc... w/qcam

Hello everyone,

	I am currently trying to use the  color quickcam for
robotic vision applications. One of the biggest problems that I am
facing is the frame rate. I seem to be getting around 3-4 fps. This
is a bit too slow for real-time vision synthesis (especially for a
robot that moves at about 6 m/s).

	 I have not tried th b/w quickcam yet. How much faster are
they? Also, is my current frame rate slower than the average frame
rate on the color quickcam (32 bpp 160X120 transSc=4 brightness=120
EPP || port  Pent. Pro 200 w/ 64MB RAM). The color in the quickcam
makes object recognition faster, but if the b/w quickcam is
significantly faster, the overall system will also be significantly
faster.

	I am also trying to incorporate a device that can
manipulate the position of the camera. Microcontrollers would
probably be the best way. From the current discussion on
microcontrollers, does anyone happen to have any suggestion?

Thanks,

-Mahesh