[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Microcontrollers, robots etc... w/qcam

>       I am currently trying to use the  color quickcam for
> robotic vision applications. One of the biggest problems that I am
> facing is the frame rate. I seem to be getting around 3-4 fps. This
> -Mahesh

I am doing something similar with the b+w qcam. In my currently limited
experience, appropriate lighting seems to help. I am looking at a mostly
dark region, with small brightt components, and if the resulting image captured
is very bright it takes a lot longer to read in. Not relavant to your
application: but also I suspect (perhaps the more experienced out there
can clarify this) that going to infra red, will also speed things up a
bit. Well thats what I am hoping.

Jack

Follow-Ups: References: