[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: erk! qfcam 1.0 is hosed in unidirectional mode

Russell Nelson wrote:

> The patch that you sent around fixed the problem with getstatus.  Now
> I keep getting:
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  129 (MIT-SHM)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
>   Serial number of failed request:  642
> I will add an option to use regular images instead of shared memory in
my 1.01 release.  I don't know why that doesn't work on your machine
unless perhaps shared memory images aren't supported by all the XFree
servers. Shared memory images are an extention to X and I'm not too
familiar with that territory.  A couple things though:
* you have to run xfqcam on the same machine as the X server.  Ie. you
can't set your display to some other machine on the network.
* Try Xdoom.  If it works it means one of 2 things:
1. they fall back to regular images if there's no shared image support
2. your machine does have shared image support but I'm doing something
wrong.  You can verify it's this case by running strace and looking for
the shared memory calls (shmget, shmat etc) early in the listing.

Follow-Ups: References: