[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: QCAM 0.2 now available

Scott Laird writes:

 > >  > The big addition is Paul Chinn's X viewer, now called xqcam.
 > >
 > > Doesn't work for me.  It reports the frame rate, but even when I use
 > > the same brightness and contrast parameters that get me an image using
 > > qcam, I still get nothing but black, black, black.

 > Does it work when you tell it to use its own colormap (option -C)?

No difference.

 > Which window manager do you use?  I'm using mwm, but I can swap for twm
 > or fvwm for testing -- I know they deal with colormaps differently.

fvwm.

 > Also, what else do you have running?  If something like Netscape's
 > using all of the default colormap xqcam's not smart enough to
 > automatically flip to a private map.

Yes, I do run Netscape, but even if I shut it down, xqcam still
doesn't show me anything but black.

 > I assume the stardard 'qcam' is still working?

Yes, it is.  I still have trouble with the brightness, though.

-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Good government is a contradiction
Potsdam, NY 13676 | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | in terms.  Ask me for details.