[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: QCAM 0.3 now available.

Paul Haas writes:
 > On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Russell Nelson wrote:
 >
 > > And the probe program just takes the resultant value and writes it
 > > into qcam.conf.  Seems like that gives the desired behavior in all
 > > cases.
 >
 > Except when there are 2 or more cameras.  I realize it is a small nit.
 > I will probably have more than one Quickcam in the not too distant
 > future.  It'll be easy to customize the code, but I'd rather not have to.
 >
 > Or did I miss something, and we can have multiple Quickcam listed in
 > qcam.conf?

Hmmm...  Hmmm...  If there's to be a configuration file at all, it has
to support multiple QuickCams.  Perhaps the config file should have
the port address in its name, ala qcam.conf.0x278?  Or perhaps it
should have a global section, then specific sections for each camera.
But that doesn't make much sense if each camera is different, as seems
to be the case.

And then, then you run the qcam program, you have to tell it which
port to use.  Now, that might be done through a named config file,
where the config file is called qcam.conf.<camera-name>.  And then the
port number gets stuck into the file.

-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Good government is a contradiction
Potsdam, NY 13676 | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | in terms.  Ask me for details.