xqcam question

Hmm. I've got a problem with xqcam (comes in qcam-0.3)  [Not the XFqcam,
haven't tried that, cause i dont have xforms]

okay.  my quickcam is on one machine, gomi, which happens to be my web
server. it doesnt have X11 on it. (it's got a CGA display. boo hiss.) X
isn't it's job, it's just a net server.  my main system, lucifer, is
running Xfree86 3.1.2, and i'm running fvwm with all the fancy options
compiled in.  It definately has MIT-SHM.  xdpyinfo -display lucifer:0
reports the following extensions:
number of extensions:    10

I log on to gomi and setenv DISPLAY lucifer:0, then i run xqcam. I get the
following message:
Scanning from QuickCam at 0x278 at 320x240 @ 6bpp
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
  Major opcode of failed request:  129 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
  Serial number of failed request:  16

[1]    Exit 1                 ./xqcam

What am i doing wrong?

I've loaded other shared memory programs across the net before, linuxxdoom
would be one example, and it worked then.

guess i'll go try the xforms version while i'm waiting..
any help would be appreciated, even if it's just pointing out something
incredibly stupid i'm doing. :)

Erik Fichtner  (techs@scf.nmsu.edu)  [http://scf.nmsu.edu/~emf/]
 "too long, too late this time, too far, too great in my mind" -toad