[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: quiet list

Russell Nelson writes:
> Paul Chinn writes:
>
>  > * system load, even minor variances, causes bad fluctuations in
>  > brightness
>
> Yes, this is annoying.  I'll bet that the device is not fully
> handshaked, but instead needs additional programmatic delays, which
> are sometimes provided by multitasking, and sometimes not.  Yuck.

I have nothing to back this up, but I always assumed that this was due to the
fact that the user domain driver can have its time-slice cut in the middle of
talking to the camera.

Does anyone know if the same thing happens with the kernel device driver?

BTW: Paul Chinn also wrote:
> massive strides the past few weeks.  We've got a lot now: snapshot
> scripts, interactive viewers, video conferencing, even the elusive
Did I miss NV and VIC on the list, and does anybody know where they can be
found?