[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

automagic brightness

In a response i got from scott, i think he said that the camera returned
some brightness value?  if this is true, why not have the driver print
it out to stdout for laughs.  i think it might be interesting to
compare the value to the optimum brightness levels, and maybe some formula might turn
up....

other than that, the only easy way i can think of to set the brightness
on the camera automagically would be to prepare a histogram of the
colors (gray shades) occuring in the picture.  then depending on where
that curve lies, shift the values.

if there was a program to do that......

anyhows, just got home, remembered that, and thought i would share it.

BTW: does anyone know if connectix is aware of this driver yet?

Roger
--
   __&__
  /     \