[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 16/24-bit color mode?

> Hey, anyone else having trouble running xfqcam in 16- or 24-bpp ?
>
> I'm getting the following:
>

> (alster)/home/alster> Scanning from QuickCam at 0x378 at 160x120 @ 6bpp
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  129 (MIT-SHM)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
>   Serial number of failed request:  547
>
> [1]    Exit 1                 xfqcam
> (alster)/home/alster>

This doesn't suprise me :-/.  Xqcam is still pretty young and it
assumes that you're using an 8-bit color display.  I'll try to fix it
as soon as I can, but there are other things I want to fix first.  If
there's anyone out there who understands X, please take a look at
xqcam.c and fix the color-handling code.  If no one steps up, I'll try
to fix it next week.

Scott.
--
Scott A. Laird   |  "But this goes to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615"
scott@laird.com  |                - Nigel on his new 64-bit computer