[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: QCAM 0.2 now available

> Hi. I'm having trouble compiling xqcam.  I get this:
>
> harriet:/proj/qcam-0.2$ make
> ln -sf qcam-`uname`.h qcam-os.h
> ln -sf qcam-`uname`.c qcam-os.c
> rm -f xqcam
> cc -Wall -O -g -DQCPORT=0x378 -DCONFIG_FILE=\"/usr/local/etc/qcam.conf\"
> -o xqca
> m xqcam.o -L. -lqcam \
>                  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXext
> ld: Output file requires shared library `libc.so.4'
> cc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 6
> make: *** [xqcam] Error 1
> harriet:/proj/qcam-0.2$

Add a -lc on the end of the library list -- some versions of libc don't
work right when you link with -g.  I guess I'll add this for the next
version, which will probably be out tonight -- I've suddenly found
myself with time on my hands.  Anyway, I haven't fixed much, but I have
changed a few things and I've added some debugging code to see what's
happening in the other cases.

I've also made autoprobing for the QuickCam the default.  You can
override it on the command line or with the qcam.conf file.

I'm not sure what else I'll have time to do, but I'll see what I can
squeeze in between Friends and ER.

Scott
--
Scott A. Laird   |  "But this goes to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615"
scott@laird.com  |                - Nigel on his new 64-bit computer