[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: QCAM 0.2 now available

> I can't even get it to work!  I get:
>
> martian:~# qcam test
> QuickCam Locked.
> Cannot open QuickCam; exiting.

It doesn't care about lpd.  The locking mechanism creates a file in
/tmp called LOCK.qcam.<port>.  Check to make sure that this file
doesn't already exist and that you have space in your /tmp directory.
I guess I'll have to add a lockfile reaping mechanism, <sigh>.

Also, running it as "qcam test" won't hurt anything, but it won't
accomplish anything either -- qcam will ignore the "test" and still
output everything to standard output.  Redirect qcam's output to a file
and it should work fine.

Scott
--
Scott A. Laird   |  "But this goes to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615"
scott@laird.com  |                - Nigel on his new 64-bit computer