[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Aha! Checksums?

>first 6 bytes?  I'm not getting any additional bytes.  My xwindows code
>reads exactly width x height bytes into its image buffer and puts it on
>the screen. If 6 bytes of non picture data were at the start of each
line
>I would see the picture shift over slightly each scan line pushing the
>next scan line even farther over. The effect near the bottom of the
image
>would be pretty pronounced.  Perhaps there is something triggering
this?
>Bi-Directional mode?

It appears that some people have this and some don't.  What I get are
six pixels in various shades of gray in the upper left corner and then
the 7th and 8th pixels down the left side of the entire picture are too
dark.  I don't know what it is, but my image is definitely not shifted
by six pixels.  Has anyone checked the output of the Windows program?
Do they just mask it, or is this some sort of timing artifact that
needs to be covered?

Either way, I've got the problem here, too, so I'll try to fix it when
I have time.

Scott
--
Scott A. Laird   |  "But this goes to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615"
scott@laird.com  |                - Nigel on his new 64-bit computer