[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Foolish Me...

> It's correct.  My laptop has the bidirectional/spp/ecp/epp stuff in
> it that can be set by the bios on boot.  I've also got a book that
> states that if you can read back what you wrote to the port, then
> it's a non-bidirectional port, and if you read back something different
> than what you wrote, then it's bi-directional.

Have you used the QuickCam in bi-directional mode?  What's involved,
and how does it work?  Neither of my ports are bi-directional, and I
can't test it.  I've got an ASUS P55TP4XE here that I'll be putting in
my system, hopefully later this week, but until then I'm stuck with
uni-directional ports.

I assume there's some command to set bi-directional mode in the camera,
and then full bytes are read from the data port, with a similar
handshaking protocol?

Scott
--
Scott A. Laird   |  "But this goes to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615"
scott@laird.com  |                - Nigel on his new 64-bit computer

Follow-Ups: References: