[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: InterestedRe: color quickcam and linux

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997 hembree@mindspring.com wrote:

>         I would be using it for a badging application. The user space version ha
> s to slow a frame rate. The high resolution camera lags by as much as 10 seconds

Low frame rate (<1fps) is caused by poor camera interface design, not by
driver. And "lagging" for 10 seconds is definitely an application
problem -- there simply is no place to "accidentally" buffer >2M of data
that camera produces in 10 seconds at maximum frame rate in any existing
or imaginable grabber unless it goes across the network, is passed
through buffers, etc (for example, qcwebcam with Netscape can have such
lag caused by buffering in TCP and applications).

--
Alex

Follow-Ups: References: