[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: fuzzy

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Xservo wrote:

> hey all,
> i recently purchased a color quickcam and it did not include a manual. i
> hooked it up before buying it and loaded the windows software and
> everything worked fine, good picture quality and all. so i bought it and
> took it home to my p133 linux box and hooked it up, and changed my
> parallel port to bi in the bios and loaded some software. i first tried
> xcqcam the cqcam cqread and several variants, and for some reason even if
> i adjust the focus on the unit all the picutes come out fuzzy, not really
> interference type stuff and the images are slightly (very very slightly)
> viewable. i have tried reinstall and reconfiguring the camera and still
> the fuzzy (kinda like looking through a piece of glass that's been
> sandblased). i am just looking for any ideas any of you may have as to
> what could cause this problem. a demo picture is avalable upton request.

  If the image looks faded and has bright horizontal lines on it, it's
well-known problem that happens because of the high load.

qcread | xv -

produces faded images on some boxes while

qcread > /tmp/mypic.ppm; xv /tmp/mypic.ppm

or

qcread | (sleep 2;xv -)

on the same box will produce clean images because the first line causes
xv being loaded/initialized at the same time when qcread is talking to
the camera.

--
Alex

Follow-Ups: References: