[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bidirectional parallel port

"Jim Kaufman wrote:"
> From jmk@hi-key.com  Fri May 30 16:03:46 1997
> From: Jim Kaufman <jmk@hi-key.com>
> Subject: Bidirectional parallel port
> To: quickcam-drivers@crynwr.com
> Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 14:45:50 -0500 (CDT)
>
> I have received a shipment of motherboards that absolutely
> refuse to work in bidirectional mode. I have set them to
> EPP in CMOS, but they only work as uni-directional ports.
>
> Any workarounds, fixes, ideas?
>
> jmk
> --
>               Jim Kaufman / Eden Prairie, MN / jmk@hi-key.com
> 	Director of Software Engineering, Hi-Key Technologies, Inc.
> --
> Remember, you're fighting for this woman's honor - which is probably more
> than she ever did.
> 		-- Groucho Marx

I have received a couple of replies that asked me questions. So to
clarify...

I am running Linux 2.0.29 and using the qcam-0.91 driver written by
Scott Laird for b/w camera. On my development system (ASUS T2P4,
166 MHz Pentium...) the driver works in bidir mode perfectly. On
these other mboards (Elite Computer Systems, AMD-75 chip), the code
hangs when trying to talk to the camera. I have NOT tried it under
Windows with the Elite mboards. It would be quite a pain to do that,
though I might have to if I can't resolve this problem.

jmk
--
              Jim Kaufman / Eden Prairie, MN / jmk@hi-key.com
	Director of Software Engineering, Hi-Key Technologies, Inc.
--
An egotist is a person of low taste--more interested in himself than in me.
		-- Ambrose Bierce