[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New QuickCam picture site

Ok...I've finished the first somewhat usable looking version of my
QuickCam CGI script.  The page to use it is
http://gnv.fdt.net/~fubar/spy.html

It will give you a picture shot just for you unless someone else is
running the script...in which case it gives you the most recently shot
image...unless the lights are off, in which case you'll still get a fresh
image, but it will be mostly black with a bit of light coming
through a doorway and a bit of flare from the rack to right.

It used to beep just before shooting the picture...but that annoyed the
heck out of the others in the office.

My next version might allow the remote user to specify brightness/white
balance options to qcam...unless an auto-exposure qcam is written.

This is all being done with a borrowed quickcam...but I plan to purchase
at least one, hopefully before returning this one.

 Jon Lewis                      |  Mime attachments are OK
 jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net      |  But please ask before sending
 http://inorganic5.fdt.net      |  unsolicited huge files.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______