[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: forgot something..

> My system has a bi-directional lpt port, so everything I've been trying
> is as fast as possible..
>
> The quickpict does a inw(0x378), and then plays with it.
>
> Next step for me is to figure out how to decode the data grabbed
> that way.

It's pretty straightforward in 4bpp mode -- each nibble is a pixel,
with the high nibble coming first.  In 6bpp mode, the pixels are packed
in the obvious way, that is the first nibble read plus the upper half
of the second are the first pixel, and so on.

Scott
--
Scott A. Laird   |  "But this goes to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615"
scott@laird.com  |                - Nigel on his new 64-bit computer