[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Foolish Me...

After seeing what little information that became available and seeing how
I wasn't doing anything on New Year's Eve anyway, I was smitten with the
urge to hack up a Linux QuickCam "snap shot" program in C++.

I've gotten most of my framework down, its ready to go, it wants to
output PGM on stdout.  All that I need is some more specifics in those
``Random Notes''.

Q1. When the QC is emitting its stream of one of zeroes, where is it
sending that? Is that coming from the status register?  Is this a 10101
kind of stream on those 5 bits, or is it alternating 11111 00000 11111
whenever you look at it?  I want to be able to detect the prescene of the
QC as well.

Q2. When the PC starts a scan, does it then just grab nibbles from the
status port until it completes enough bytes to complete the scan?  This
is what I'm going to try and do later today.

Q3. Is there a contrast command akin to the brightness command or is that
postprocessing of the raw scan?

--
Simon Janes 				acting of his own free will...
replys to guru@ncm.com please