[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: color quickcam and linux

> is there a webpage or document that gives a rundown of the various color
> quickcam drivers for linux? i.e., ones that are in the kernel, or just

There is a page with a rundown of color and b/w drivers for *ix and even
DOS, with links to each program's web page.  Find it at:
  http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~patrick/quickcam/
Fyi, this is the page that used to be at www.unm.dorm.net/quickcam; it has
been moved.

> browsing the subject lines briefly I notice references to cqcam, is that
> the best, or recommended, or even the only color quickcam driver?

If you include userspace drivers, there are several (all listed on the 3rd
party page).  I recommend cqcam, though each package has its merits.

--Patrick

Follow-Ups: References: