[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: reverse engineering thousands of colors mode?

Hanno Mueller writes:
 > > Oh yeah, sure, like Connectix is going to say "Please stop using our
 > product!"
 >
 > It's not quite that simple. Of course, they want us to use their product.

Right, and they don't want anyone to compete with them using their
patent.  But if we use their patent on their hardware, we aren't
competing with them.  No, it's not strictly legal to use Connectix's
patent without their permission, but as a practical matter, they
aren't going to sue someone who writes software to help sell more of
their hardware.  They Just Aren't.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells network driver support    | PGPok | good luck, have fun!