[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: reverse engineering thousands of colors mode?

It sounds like the compression is patented in your examples, but what about decompression, I dont see MPEG players or GIF readers worrying about invading patents.  Am I just clueless? or is decompression not a big deal, its the compression that makes the camera fast, and thats a trade secret, but we dont need to do any compressing, so who cares if we decompress the quickcam output.  I see how knowledge of a decoding scheme would yield the encoding scheme, which it seems they really really dont want out.

 Oh well, somebody go call a board member or buy a whole bunch of stock in connectix, ok?

-Jacob