[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: b/w cam picture quality

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, David L. Sifry wrote:

> Ater looking at the pictures a bit, it appears that the bottom one has
> the best contrast, and the top two are washed out.  Perhaps this has to
> do with white balance on the 3 cameras?  The bottom one may have a
> radically different white balance.

I now found out what the problem was. On the machines that generate the
top two pictures, I ran older version of qcam before. So, I had a
qcam.conf lying around. But on the system that takes the bottom picture, I
installed the qcam package from scratch. The default qcam.conf has the
transfer option set to 2. After changing it to 1, the picture was as
expected 8-)

Yours,

	<-gninneH<-
--
      Henning Holtschneider * Bauernkamp 41 * 44339 Dortmund * Germany
                            hh@hhome.farside.net