[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: cable extension

In message <9704290731.AA23960@bidra87.bbn.hp.com.>, Jack Cawkwell writes:
> Hello,
>
> This is probably a FAQ, but I have looked and not found anything.
>
> I would like to extend the cable between the B&W qcam and the D connector.
> What is the cable specification: number of conductors, capacitance (etc),
> what would be a suitable inline plug and socket. How far can I extend it:
> I probably need  about 10metres of as thin, and flexible as possible cable.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jack

Hi !

I have made an extension for my color qc (about 8 meters).
The extension is on the cabel between the qc itself and the
25-pin d-sub unit. This cabel contains eight wires plus one earth.
Two of the wires are for the +5 v supply voltage (green and yellow
in my case). I have made the extension via ordinary 9-pin d-subs
(easy to get and enough pins). I'm using one ordinary two-wire
mains cable for ground and the +5 v supply voltage. The remaning six
wires are in another much thinner cabel.
This setup works very well for me.

Regards.

/Håkan