[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bad news for Connectix

First of all: It's good to see the mailing list back online.
Thanks Russ!

Hello everyone,

As a response to my newsgroup article about the videc campaign, someone
replied:

> Kodak had a small article in the last issue of their digital camera
> developer's newsletter that announced that they are developing a video
> camera with a USB interface that they expect to sell for under US$200.
> Perhaps this competition will provide the incentive required to insure
> that both Connectix and Kodak allow open driver development to take
> place (or perhaps it won't).
>
> kodis@jagunet.com (John Kodis)

I think this is very interesting. One should keep in mind that there is
always a big difference between announcements and final products, but
Connectix should take care to keep up with the competition. The
universal
serial bus is probably the next big thing in computer add-ons and it is
supposed to be a lot faster than the current parallel or serial ports.

I hope that they will come up with their own USB camera. The ball shaped
design is something I do not want to miss on my desktop.

Greetings,

Hanno