[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Quickcam device driver for Linux

Hi!

I want to mention one feature that would be very nice to have: For people
like me, who are using qcam for taking pictures and do videoconferencing,
it would be nice to have a feature, that only people that are logged in at
console have access to the qcam. I don't like it, that everybody can see
me all the time, on the other hand I do not want to restrict access only
to me, because there are other people, that want to use them, when they
are working at console. Maybe the most easy solution would be a
shell-script that calls the programs but it would be nicer to have this
stuff in the libs or kernel or I do not know where, because otherwise you
have to write these shell scripts for all programs that are using qcam.

Gero

Gero Wedemann
DKFZ / Division Biophysics of Macromolecules
Tlf. (+49) 6221-42-3392
email gero.wedemann@dkfz-heidelberg.de