[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ANNOUNCE: sane-0.6

SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) version 0.6 is now available at the
usual places (see http://www.azstarnet.com/~axplinux/sane/).

The distribution includes a backend for the Color Quickcam and a
(simple) camera frontend, as well as a fairly sophisticated scanner
frontend.  E.g., if you want to acquire QuickCam images using GIMP,
this is probably the program for you (but SANE can do much more).

Note: the QuickCam backend has basically the necessary b&w support in
it, but nobody with a grayscale camera has had a chance to debug that
code yet (I have a color camera only).  If anybody is interested in
finishing up the b&w support, I'd be happy to help to the degree
possible).

Enjoy,
	--david