[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ANNOUNCE: QSeeMe-0.5a

Hi,

It took a few minutes to work out how to use it:

	Start somthing like Patrick's xcqcam, then
	start qseeme,
		select conference+connect
			click on send video and then
			click on connect
		select windows+open video,
			click on grab and then
			move magic rectangle to cover xcqcam window
	... wait

I see Local video in color and remote in B/W.

Bug report: the frame rate for transferring over the loopback device
seems pretty low. Is this a misfeature of the protocol?  I'm getting
0-1 fps and 12-18 kbs regularly.

I have not tried connecting to a remote computer yet... but nice work
so far!

Last of all, the copyright file seems to be self-contradictory:

> Permission to use, copy, and distribute this software and its
> documentation FOR NONCOMMERCIAL USE ONLY, without fee, and without a
> written agreement is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright
> notice and this paragraph and the next appear in all copies.

and then...

> Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
> documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,
> provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that
> both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in
> supporting documentation, and that the names of Stichting Mathematisch
> Centrum or CWI not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to
> distribution of the software without specific, written prior permission.

Perhaps you might like to clarify this?

Best wishes

Andrew

Miguel Angel Vilarin~o wrote:

> QSeeMe-0.5a for Linux is now available. It supports sending/receiving
> video, sending/receiving chat, GeekTalk and receiving audio.
>
> You can get it from http://www.pangea.org/~mavilar/qseeme/qseeme.html
>
> Enjoy it!
>
> --
>    __