Subject: Re: pruning "dead" licenses
From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:53:22 -0500

Ernest Prabhakar scripsit:

> From this perspective, I would vote for categorizing licenses into
> "Active" vs "Legacy". I would also support an additional annotation  of
> "Reusable" to indicate licenses which people should consider for (b).
> For example, the MPL is designed to be reusable whereas the NPL was not
> (and may well be Legacy).

I agree with this, and with every word of the justification which led
up to it.  If you want to label the reusable category "Recommended"
(or "Premium", or "Venti" for that matter) it's fine with me.

--
Babies are born as a result of the              John Cowan
mating between men and women, and most          http://www.reutershealth.com