Subject: Re: compatibility and the OSD
From: Bob Scheifler <Bob.Scheifler@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:34:38 -0400

Rick Moen wrote:
 > I would say, rather, that the open source response is ...

Thanks, but such responses miss my purpose (which I may well have
stated badly). I wasn't looking for individual opinions about
what open source is or isn't, or personal restatements of what
the OSD intends to say. I wanted to understand the factual/logic
arguments, based on what the OSD actually says, or failing that
how it is officially interpreted. You may well think me misguided,
but for me it's valuable information. Not that the other arguments
aren't also useful, but for my needs they don't suffice.

- Bob