Subject: Re: For Approval: Fair License
From: James William Pye <flaw@rhid.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:18:34 -0700

Alteration to the license

. Remove superfluous definitions.
. Shorten the disclaimer
    I don't think it is necessary to elaborate on the disclamation of warranty.
. Imply Due Credit(attribution) like the BSD License.
. Remove explicit license acceptance/understanding requirement in the latter part of
the permission requirement.
    I think this is a well established implication within any license.

	This is a pretty significant change, but I just want the meat and potatoes, so I got
rid of the fluff.

	The copyright and other identification information should be prepended to the license,
which should be considered part of the instrument.

---LICENSE---
<Copyright Information>

Utilization of the works is permitted provided that this
instrument is retained with the works, so that any entity
that utilizes the works is notified of this instrument.

DISCLAIMER: THE WORKS ARE WITHOUT WARRANTY.

[2004, Fair License: rhid.com/fair]
---LICENSE---

This shortens it up pretty well, but I think it is still effective.

Any comments are welcome.

Regards,
        James William Pye