Subject: Re: violating a license b4 product release
From: Mark Rafn <dagon@dagon.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:30:30 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Erik Ostermueller wrote:

> Must I do anything in particular to insure that I can
> safely/legally violate the terms of the license PRIOR
> to the product release?

The license is not binding on the copyright holder.  If you wrote it, you
can do whatever you like, before or after release.  All the license does
is to grant permissions to recipients of the program that would otherwise
be reserved to you under Copyright law.

If the product is a derivative work of someone else's product, which you
have under GPL, then you ARE bound by their copyright, and must honor the
requirements of the GPL.