Subject: Re: IETF Patent Licenses are RAND
From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:12:06 -0500 (EST)

Eben Moglen scripsit:

> Under US patent law, injunctions against distribution of infringing
> goods are scarce as hens' teeth.  The adequate remedy is assumed to be
> royalties by way of damages.

IANAL, but it seems to me that that is the precise situation when the
plaintiff would ask for an injunction in lieu of damages, since so many
of us are not only royalty free but judgment proof.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There