Subject: Re: Open Source Business Found Parasitic, and the ADCL
From: Chris Gray <chris.gray@acunia.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:28:39 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, David K. Gasaway wrote:

> Ah, so a contributor gets nothing, while improving a product that lines
> the pockets of the original author.  Yes, I can see why a business might
> like this model.  The development community, on the other hand, might
> not.  ;)

Without commenting on whether this applies to the case in point:
"business" vs. "development community" is a false dichotomy. The latter
can include instances of the former - for example, the original author
might be called "Sun Microsystems" and the contributor might be "IBM".

Regards

--

Chris Gray

VM Architect, ACUNIA