Subject: Re: Please add "Public Domain" to "license" list
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:02:35 -0800

Quoting David A. Wheeler (dwheeler@dwheeler.com):

[a lot of stuff that David's already said, previously]

> 3. It's dreadfully inconsistent.  Why would software that completely
> meets the entire OSD _not_ be open source software?

Your rhetoric is overreaching:  Nobody has maintained this.

> Hope that helps.

In my opinion, not _nearly_ as much would be as a clear, concise written
description of the legal category and its salient aspects that would
solve more problems than it creates, plus a suggested place to put it
(obviously NOT on the page of approved licences).  I suspect you'll
cease thinking it's a feasible task, once you've tried.

--
Cheers,        "Linux means never having to delete your love mail."
Rick Moen                                              -- Don Marti