Subject: Re: License committee report for January 2008
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 14:42:16 -0800

[Snip license-review from distribution, as being no longer appropriate.]

Quoting Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr):

> If the clause is still creating incompatibilities with FreeBSD due to the
> mandatory status, then the licence is still open-source (or free according
> to FSF requirements with regard to possible GPL compatibility)....

FSF have _never_ required that free-software licences be in any way
compatible with GPL-licensed works.  I could point you to the FSF page
listing a huge number of GPL-incompatible licence as being, in their
view, free software licences, but I'm pretty sure you know where it is,
already.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      Linux for Intel:  Party like it's 2037!