Subject: Withdrawn: Open Source Hardware License
From: Jamey Hicks <jamey.hicks@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:27:52 -0500

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the discusion of the
Open Source Hardware License that I proposed on this list a while back.
I thought the discussion was useful and it was helpful in working with
the lawyers of the companies involved in the project. I am very glad
that the board has decided that Open Source Hardware fits within the
charter, and I hope that the board will officially certify licenses such
as the BSD, MIT, and GPL licenses for use in open source hardware projects.

With that being said, we have decided to use a previously approved Open
Source licenses: the MIT license in particular, rather than trying to
craft a new license.

Jamey Hicks