Subject: Re: Nees help selecting a license
From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:04:23 -0400

David Johnson scripsit:

> IANAL, not even on TV, but I would hazard a guess that trivial patches
> up to five lines or so are fair game.

I think the FSF sets the lower limit at 10 lines; after that they want a
copyright assignment.

> Again, I am not a lawyer, nor carry writs of marquee,

If you mean "letters of marque", then I am glad to hear it: a privateer
among our midst would be an uncomfortable thing.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There